Based in Alston, England’s highest market town and at the heart of the North Pennines AONB, we run a small specialist wholefood shop and delicatessen.
Established in 1998, we are a Workers’ Co-operative dedicated to supplying carefully sourced, quality products at reasonable prices. Our aims are to support local producers, reduce food miles and promote fairtrade.
9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday. With the exception of Wednesday, when we open at 10am.
We also offer a pick & pack service.
We prefer cash. We also accept cards and contactless payments.
How to find us and parking
We are in the centre of Alston, in the Market Place. There is car parking in main town square and top of the town just off Nenthead road. All parking is free. Buses run past the shop. See below.
Road distances from Alston:
- Penrith: 21 miles via A686
- Carlisle: 28 miles via A689 or A69 and A689
- Hexham: 21 miles via B6305 and A686
- Haltwhistle: 16 miles via A689
- Haydon Bridge: 18 miles via A689
- Hadrian’s Wall: 22 miles via via A689 and/or A686
- Barnard Castle: 32 miles via via B6277 and A67
- Newcastle: 45 miles via A69 and A686
- Durham: 40 miles via A689
Tynedale Links 681
Alston to Birdoswald Roman Fort
via Slaggyford, Halton Lea Gate, Lambley, Park Village, Haltwhistle, Greenhead and Gilsland
Monday to Saturday
View 681 timetable
From Alston to Hexham
View the full 889 timetable
From Newcastle to Keswick
First Friday in July to the last Sunday in September.
Only Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday in 2023.
View the full 888 timetable
Slideshow and background photographs: Peter Elliott at www.aviewfrom.com